Finding a balance between personal and professional life obligations can be a very difficult task. There are many factors to consider throughout this process. Many of us fail to determine which of our choices take precedence or priority in our lives. I believe in order to find a balance between these things an individual must access which obligation is most important to them. In our society, it is not uncommon to literally, "want it all"; an education, a fabulous career and a family. Managing these things require great prioritizing and organizational skills. In my experience, life does not always unfold according to plan, but being able to set priorities does limit the amount of stress one experiences. Time management skills also contribute to the success of balancing various life obligations. Daily activities require aggressive time management in order to balance out successfully. It is important for individuals to focus on those activities that are necessary and eliminate those that are not. As women, we sometimes take on more activities than we can handle, which causes lots of stress. It is important that we learn how to balance our time better. It is ok to reduce the stress of time management by saying "no" when additional obligations become to much to handle. It is also ok to ask family for help through certain situations. The love and support of family and friends can make a world of difference in finding a balance between ones professional, educational and personal lives.
Martinetta
Martinetta-
ReplyDeleteI agree with your post. I once heard a quote that 10% of life is what happens to you and 90% of life is how you react to it. Part of the balance is how we react to the stress of our lives. I know I take way too much on my plate at all times and it is very stressful, but what is more importance is how I react to the stress. If I let it physically affect me, then it is too much. If I let it increase my skills and problem solving and ability to multi-task, it is helping me grow.
Kerri
Hi, your very right about everything you said I know what you mean and I feel the same way and it is hard but we can do it if we want to we just have to be smart with it.
ReplyDelete