When I was a young girl, I can remember wanting to grow up and be just like my mom. For most of my childhood my mother was a single mom who made caring for her seven children her number one priority. She made sure we had everything we needed and that we worried about nothing. Although my mom was and is the best mom ever, there was always a part of me that wished my dad could have resided in the household with us. I believe that if and when two people decide to have kids both parents should be prepared to raise those kids together. Notice I stated "when two people decide to have kids", because it takes two people to produce a child. I have always believed that bringing a new life into the world should be a planned effort. A child may not always have the best, but they should always have the right to be raised by two loving parents. Maybe it's just me, but I still believe in tradition; meeting someone, falling in love, getting married and then starting a family. I do understand that we do not live in a perfect world and things happen. However, people (both men and women) need to be held accountable for their actions and realize that life is a serious matter and once a new one is brought into the world it deserves to be loved and cared for by both parents responsibly.
Martinetta Victorian
I really agree with you all the way everything you said is so right I feel the same way. I myself is not so big about having kids but I know with the right man I will want to because I know he will be there for me and we would have fun as a family .
ReplyDeleteMartinetta,
ReplyDeleteI am so glad your mother was able to show you the importance of meeting responsibility in such a loving manor. She sounds like a women who is filled with love and she certainly has encouraged you to develop into a responsible thinking women. I agree that we need more committed couples raising their children. In our society it is often more about "what makes me happy" than about what is the correct action to take.
Hello,
ReplyDeleteI agree with you that two people should decide together to have children. If you are just having casual sex then protect yourself. As you stated things happen but people should be more responsible if they are having sex and completely understand the consequences. I guess int he heat of the moment people throw all cautious out the window and I believe that's how oopsies happen. In a perfect world all children would have two parents and there would not be single parents struggling to raise children.